Follow

This morning my step-mother who was in MC passed.

1 1/2 weeks ago she fell at the facility, she was taken to the ER, hours later after testing she was returned to MC no broken bones or head injuries. 2 days later we get a call, she has COVID.

She was in lockdown, did ok for a couple of days then she refused to eat or drink anything, just stayed in bed, we knew.

Today at 11am we were to meet with the Admin to bring in Hospice, she passed before we could get there and see her for the last time.

Saddens us deeply.

I am posting so others understand that with dementia anything can happen at any time. Yes, she was fading, but not to the extent where we were expecting this downward spiral.

This dementia thing is so tricky, no real rhyme or reason to anything when dealing with terrible disease.

Rest in peace dear Marlene, you are in good hands!

Find Care & Housing
Thank you for sharing this, sorry for your loss.
(1)

I am so sorry for your loss.
(1)

I am so very sorry for your loss. Sometimes things happen very quickly, and we can only do the best we can. We all know from your many posts how very much you cared for her. She was lucky to have you.
(1)

I am so sorry for your loss but, I rejoice that Marlene is released from the hell of dementia.

May The Lord give your family grieving mercies, comfort and peace during this new season in life.
(2)

MeDolly,

So sorry that you didn’t make it in time to see her.

Very sorry for your loss. Wishing you peace as you mourn your loss.
(1)

I'm so sorry for your loss, thinking of you and yours.
(2)

MeDolly, thinking of you and your family.
(2)

Sincere condolences, MeDolly, on the loss of your stepmom. I'm sorry you didn't get that last visit. Please be at peace now. She is.
(2)

So sorry for your loss .

Sounds similar to my FIL with dementia this past January . DH still says he can’t believe how fast he went once he got Covid.
(3)

I'm sorry you didn't have that last visit you expected. You are right, she is in good hands. (Dolly was my grandma's name.)
(2)

Sorry this happened. Take care of yourself.
(2)

So very sorry for your loss, Dolly!
(2)

So sorry for your loss.
(1)

Sorry for your loss, Dolly! 🌹
(1)

So sorry for your loss. Wishing you and the family rest, peace, and the comfort of memories of happier days
(2)

So sorry for your loss, Dolly. (((hugs)))
(2)

MeDolly
I am sorry for the passing of your well loved step-mom, Marlene.
I have often thought that even with severe illness and old age, death still is so unexpected. It always feels like a surprise, even a shock, though she had dementia, had fallen, had covid, was ready and hospice was being called in.
May you have warm memories of your times with her.
(3)

Sending you condolences and a virtual hug!
RIP Marlene
(2)

Hugs.
You had the courage to write about it on the same day, I couldn't, probably take me much longer if not years to face anything after losing a parent, losing my remaining parent, I'm going to be very lost, a lost soul.

It's really tough comparing the time before and after, like two different people. This is the awful thing about this condition. I'm sure you'll have fond memories of your step-mother will comfort you as time goes time.

Blessings.
(2)

Condolences on the loss of your loved one, MeDolly.
(2)

My mother was fine one day, and in a comatose state the next, passing a week later. It's very true about dementia being tricky with no rhyme or reason to anything.

My condolences on the loss of your stepmother Marlene. She's dancing with the angels now, free from the burdens and limitations od the dreadful disease of dementia, thank God.

Sending you love and prayers, dear Dolly.
(3)

I’m sorry for your loss. Although all of us here who are currently caregivers know that death is the eventual outcome, it’s never easy. May your memories bring you comfort and peace.
(3)

MeDolly,
My condolences to you in this loss.

I can tell you that a fall is SO OFTEN the beginning of the end for our elders. Worse there's absolutely nothing we can do to prevent them given that this is usually an aging brain and poor balance issue. This is what I saw often as an RN and it is what took my own mother in her early 90s. A fall is sustained. Often no serious injury but a ride to hospital, sometimes a catheter placed or another infection, then treatment, then another fall and pneumonia. And on it went until the end.
Love out to you and your familyl.
(3)

I'm sorry for your loss. Although not the "perfect passing" I'm happy for her and her LOs that she didn't linger.
(4)

You are right MeDolly "this dementia thing is so tricky" and often makes no sense.
I pray for supernatural peace and comfort to be with you and your family in the days ahead. And may you all find rest.
(3)

I’m so sorry for your loss. What an unexpected turn indeed. My heart goes out to you and your family.
(2)

I am so sorry for your loss. Your and your family are in my prayers.
(2)

I am deeply sorry for your and your families loss, molly. 😓🙏
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter