Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Bounce,

Thanks, it was nice. My mother had a special relationship with my daughters.
(1)

Llama,

Thanks. Her birthday was on the 3rd of November.

All Saints Day is November 1st. All Saints Day (Catholic Feast Day) is heavily observed in New Orleans. The cemeteries are filled with beautiful flowers.

I love irises too. We have irises that are native to Louisiana that are very pretty.

I brought roses today. Mom loved roses.
(2)

Need: My fav flower is an iris. So delicate. It waa your mom's birthday? I missed that. Happy heavenly birthday to her.
(2)

Bounce,

Just bringing flowers. My mother loved flowers.
(1)

Heading out to the cemetery in a little while. My daughters want to bring flowers.

So many beautiful flowers to choose from. I don’t have an all time favorite flower. I love all of them.
(3)

To whoever jinxed us by dressing up like Santa and all his elves last night - this. isn't. funny. ❄️☃️🌨️
(3)

Bounce , I’m like 90 minutes from Hershey . They do have a factory there and an amusement park . My daughter’s friend is a production planner for Twizzlers , which aren’t chocolate . The store they have is cool . They have specialty products you don’t see in the stores . I haven’t been there in many years though . They had a lame fake factory tour when I was there .
(2)

I heard that there's a shortage of chocolate,so the price on it might go up pretty soon~ :(
(4)

There used to be a chocolate bar called Chunky I think . Maybe that’s why they can’t call the Kit Kat chunky.

Nestle has 40% stake in Hershey . It was a joint agreement that’s been beneficial for both companies. I just looked it up .

My daughter’s best friend works for Hershey .
(3)

cwillie , Thanks .
(2)

Hm, after a little bit of exploring I see they are called something else in the US.... big kat I think? And they say the ingredients are different too 🤔
Oh wow, in the US it's made by Hershey's, everywhere else it's made by Nestle.
(4)

Gotta run, grabbing a cup of coffee with my daughter and her friend. Have a happy Halloween everyone! Enjoy your candy!
(4)

Peanut M&M’s are addictive! At least they do have protein from the nuts.

Any dark chocolate is my favorite!
(6)

Have never had the chunky version of KitKat bars. Sounds yummy!

Hey, candy will be on sale tomorrow! Maybe I will try some of those.
(2)

cwillie , Never had the chunky . I should try that. Does it say chunky on the wrapper ? Or are you calling the regular one chunky ? Also, I thought you didn’t live in the states . Different countries have different products from the same company . It’s annoying . I don’t pay much attention though , for all I know it’s by me too .
(2)

Kit Kat chunky is the way to go, that's one of my favourites.
(3)

Snack size Kit Kat bars are better than regular. Larger chocolate ratio
(2)

Way,

That is funny! My kids didn’t like going trick or treating at the neighbor’s house who is a dentist. He gave out toothbrushes instead of candy! LOL 😆

I remember one year my brothers and I didn’t want Halloween to end. Mom said that we couldn’t knock on a door twice.

Daddy took us to a nearby neighborhood and we were able to trick or treat again! I’m pretty sure that my mom hid some of the candy from us so we didn’t go overboard! 🤣 She was the voice of reason.
(4)

I nanny for a baby who is currently napping as I write this . This morning the Mom told me she will be home a little late today . She has to stop for more candy . Her husband has been eating what she had already bought . He’s a dentist . I thought that was hysterical .
(6)

The last costume I wore was a vampiress for a party that our friends had.

My husband was a vampire too. We had really cool capes, black lined in red!

I did our makeup. It was fun to wear our costumes and see our everyone else’s costumes.

Vampires are big here. Anne Rice grew up here in New Orleans. Love her books and movies!

Many vampire balls have occurred in our spooky city! There is a fabulous haunted house that is set in an old mortuary.

Anne Rice and her husband are buried here in Lakelawn cemetery, a very beautiful cemetery.

They also host special events and weddings. Can you imagine being married in an old mortuary? 🤣

It’s on Canal Street. themortuary.net
(3)

cw,

We don’t usually have cold weather for Halloween.

You’re right about wearing jackets. If it was chilly on Halloween when I was young, I’d wear clothes underneath my costume. I didn’t want to cover up my costume!

I love Reese’s peanut butter cups at Halloween! Yep, hard not to indulge.
(3)

I'm going dark this year, we get so few kids every year I can't get into the spirit of it. (and I end up eating all the leftover candy)
(5)

Have you bought your Halloween candy? Costumes anyone? Halloween is big in our area!

So is All Saints Day at our cemeteries tomorrow. It’s also known as laToussaint due to our French heritage in Louisiana.
(3)

It's chilly here too, there was heavy frost this morning - hope the kids have costumes that fit over their heavy jackets.
(3)

It’s chilly here this morning! For us, anyway.

Rode my exercise bike while listening to my favorite music. Just sitting down enjoying my coffee now.

Music is so soothing for the soul. Remembering fondly how much music meant to my brother. Songs convey beautiful emotions that live on forever.
(4)

Rest in peace. Matthew Perry.
(5)

@waytomisery, I totally agree about daughters taking care of a difficult parent. Even the simplest suggestion from me turns into a power struggle with my mom. Her caregiver, who does have some medical training but is not certified, can say in an authoritative voice, “it’s time to take your medicine” and she will do it. If I do the same she accuses me of trying to drug her.
This is my second day in a row of not going over there. I’m super anxious. It’s almost harder than being there (so I’m checking the forum every hour lol). But I need to do this.
(4)

Thanks, Alva.
(2)

Bounce and blickbob: Yes, correct on the subconscious mind. Fascinating, really.
(1)

@Margaret,

I’ll give examples .

Professional caring for a patient who is a stranger …..No matter how sad a case was or how difficult a patient is , it’s not personal and you brush it off better and go home .

Daughter caring for difficult aging parent….. Parent does not want to be told what they need to do by the daughter . “ You can’t tell me what to do , I’m your mother “. As dementia got worse it became totally impossible . “ Why are you doing this to me ?” , and crying meltdowns because I asked her to eat . She honestly thought I was being mean to her when I said it was time to wash and put on clean clothes. She got insulted , She eventually refused to do anything . Those things needed to be taken care of by a stranger that my mother did not have any emotional feelings towards . It was very distressing for me as well .

My SIL criticized me for placing my mother in AL . Only a year later my SIL rescued her Mom from living alone with dementia but her Mom was a peach . A pleasant , cooperative lady . My SIL was retired , and her and my brothers house already had an in law bed and bathroom downstairs . The elderly woman had plenty of money to hire caregivers to come into the home as well . My SIL placed her mother in AL right away and eventually memory care anyway because my SIL could not handle watching the decline 24/7 .

I took care of Dad with cancer . At first he was stubborn with some things . But mostly it was fine . When he was really ill and knew he was dying, He was always thanking me so much , that it got uncomfortable . It changed our relationship . I missed my Dad .
(6)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter