Follow
Read More
A friend went to a fall festival and brought me a bunch of goodies. My husband isn’t eating much, so I’m not cooking and going to have some festival treats.
(3)

Send.

How about a smoothie shake? LOL

I think it qualifies as a smoothie with kale and spinach! Plus tons on fruit.
(1)

Not having dinner until 8 p.m. tonight.
Hubs had a chiropractic adjustment today, he's kinda silent, and a grouch.
I got up early at 7 a.m., after waking at 3 a.m. to 5 a.m.

I feel like I am off-duty now. He asked me to change his appointment next week to a less busy time. I said no. It's Friday, and I was feeling so much better myself, pain in lt. knee and rt. elbow has subsided after drinking black cherry juice. I was on crutches, but no more. It started the day the night time temps dropped.

I did not get an adjustment because there was no 6 ft. social distancing in the very busy office.
(3)

I usually have my smoothies for breakfast or lunch, and yeah, it's getting to be that time of year when hot oatmeal seems more appropriate.
(2)

LOL!
It was smooth, ooowie!
The ice cream and yogurt were a small portion of the ingredients:
Apple juice, rice milk, greek yogurt, ice cream, all organic
banana, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, kale, spinach.

Is it too cold for smoothies in your area Cwillie?

How about hot cocoa before bed, or spiced apple cider? Hot tea? 🍵
(1)

If you put ice cream in a smoothie isn't it really a milkshake in disguise?
(1)

Snack:
Wheat Thins with low fat cottage cheese
Dinner:
Green pepper pizza 2 slices.
(2)

Smoothie for snack @ 4 p.m., Add ice cream and greek yogurt (Fage).
(2)

Grandma, that sounds delicious.
(0)

My eldest Grandson has been wanting ham for weeks. I grabbed a ham earlier this week and dinner tonight is a ham, sweet potatoes and a brussels sprout recipe my daughter found it has pecans and cranberries and BACON in it. So it has to be good!!! Oh, Amish Dinner Rolls from King Arthur Flour website and a Pumpkin Torte for dessert
(3)

Remember my story about the bad peas,, and the "thank you"? we got a letter today and several coupons.. So I guess they do listen to texts too!
(1)

So many good cooks on this forum!
(0)

Grandma1954: That sounds FANTASTIC!
(1)

Grandma, sounds yummy!
(0)

Needhelpwithmom, I have made lasagna using butternut squash. I peel it and slice it thin then roast it, add a bit of oil to prevent it from drying out. When it is almost tender pull it out of the oven. Use the butternut squash just like you would regular pasta noodles. I layer the same sauce and cheese as I usually wold then bake until browned and bubbly on top. Just like with regular lasagna let it sit for about 20 minutes before cutting
(4)

Golden,

When does it start to snow in your area and how long does it continue for? I could not handle those long winters.
(0)

A 1/4 of a muffuletta.
(1)

Making 13 bean soup. It's so easy in the electric pressure cooker. Snowing like crazy, so hot nourishing soup is just right.
(5)

Love spinach lasagna! Used to make it all the time when dd1 was in high school and on sports teams. One of her favorites before a meet.
(4)

I am watching this woman on television cook butternut squash lasagna roll ups. Looks interesting. She also said pumpkin can she used.

May try it. I do cook different veggie lasagnas. I do spinach. I also make an eggplant one. Sometimes I do a broccoli and carrot one.

Does anyone else do veggie lasagna? If so, what kind?
(1)

The mention of garlic bread up thread got me drooling so I went out to the store and bought some. Now I need to come up with some kind of veggie side to balance it out. I have lots of cabbage.... 🤔
(3)

Ali,

First you make a roux! That’s how so many southern recipes go. Here in new Orleans we use flour for gravy.

It’s practice. You’ll soon get the hang of it.
(1)

I did my first sauce with broth (was bone broth, actually, just what I had on hand) and cornstarch last night, added a splash of worchestershire and put it in with the chicken and peppers. It all turned out ok. I'm going to try flour next time, seems like making sauces with flour would be easier than cornstarch but it came out alright, it was edible.

I've never had anyone to cook for but myself so my skills are a bit behind, I feel like, but I'm learning... and I enjoy experimentation and learning some new tricks.

Making simple sauces and gravy from scratch is a good cooking skill to have.

**Thank you very much for the encouragement on my new classes, all!
(2)

Count me in on the wine🍷!
(2)

Is it party time or are we drowning our sorrows? Either way I'm all in 😜
(4)

SendHelp, you gave me a giggle. Stock up on the wine? Do you see some indication that I may need more than one bottle split???? Hee hee. Elections are tough on us all, but we will all get through, right?
(2)

Alva,
Stock up on the wine dear.
(3)

Velbowpat, sounds so good. This dish is one of my favorites. I like spinach salad with homemade lemon dressing.
(2)

Eggplant Parmesan, spinach salad and lots of garlic bread!
(5)

Well, given present circumstances, when I go to Trader Joe today (after I go to the rock place to buy some decomposed granite to put between the flagstones)
I am going to allow myself to buy a nice bottle of good white wine. Something with a pretty label.
Then I am making up a big batch of my LETHAL recipe for Buffalo Hot Wing Pasta Sauce. Then I am going to cook up my best linquinie. Then I am going to eat an overdose amount of all that. Will have to share the white wine, so will be hard to overdose on that.
I don't think it will all really kill me (though some may support that idea), but I do think it will make the last episode of Breaking Bad go down a bit more smoothly. If I don't show up in the a.m. you will know it DID kill me.
(5)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter