Follow
Read More
Grilled fish and veggies. Cantaloupe.
(3)

Barb, Hope that all goes well with the dental procedures.
(0)

DH had major dental surgery, grafts and implants today. Squash, carrot and apple soup. Pureed very smooth.
(2)

Well we had a first last night.. hubs made the cheese peas and said they "cooked funny, and smelled like vinegar"..yes indeed they did, tasted like it too. ( Of course I tasted them,, it;s like that old "smell my finger" joke) So today we opened the other 2 bags I bought,, all smell like vinegar! Name brand and exp date of 2022. So we emailed the company,because we don't want anyone else to have yucky peas,, they have a bad rap already! Batch number and all information. And believe it or not, their response was "thank you". Thats it... Hubs joked he was going to tell them only 3 people died, and the survivor was letting them know! I at least thought we would get an "Im sorry"!
(2)

Dad and I have been at the assisted living/SNF checking patient charts, inspecting rooms, talking to families and patients. So we’re eating in the assisted living dining room. Not sure what’s on the menu, but it smelled good when I walked by. We have three good home cooks and an excellent dietician who coordinates special diet.
(0)

Early, We both enjoyed our cheesecake - favorite for us too. We watched ABridge Too Far. One of Dad’s favorites. I’ve the movie with him several times.
(1)

Your dad is one lucky guy, Bridge. Cheesecake with strawberries, my favorite.
Hope you both enjoy the movie.
(3)

Took dad to small local restaurant. Spaghetti, meatballs and salad. Cheesecake with strawberries for dessert. Going to watch a movie. Dad’s choice. (probably a western or a war movie).
(5)

Hubs is making meat loaf, mashed potatoes and "cheese peas",, a recipe he grew up with. The only way any one in his family would eat peas was with velveeta cheese on them.. we have learned to love it. Mom eats it with no complaints! Sort of like pea and cheese soup. His mom was a pretty good cook.
(2)

I haven’t thought about dinner yet. I had a slice of veggie pizza for lunch from Whole Foods.
(1)

Tonight we're having bbq pork tenderloin sandwiches, potato salad, baked beans, sliced tomatoes, applesauce and red grapes.
(2)

Yum, cwille.

Have you ever done a pork roast in a crockpot? Once in awhile I do. Either way is good, oven or crock.
(0)

I defrosted a pork shoulder roast and it needed to be made and to make good use of the oven I mixed up some biscuits and tossed in a baked potato, a squash and a pan of mixed veggies. Now everything is ready but I'm not the least bit hungry - I hate when that happens.
(now that's definitely a first world problem)
(3)

Stacy,

Oooooh, I love cannolis! If you ever get to New Orleans please visit Brocato’s bakery.

It’s one of those places that has been around for a long time! My mom went there as a child for gelato. Back then it was in the french quarter. It has relocated to the midcity neighborhood on Carrollton Ave.

If you go please let me know! I love that place. They also have fantastic Italian espresso! Great spot!

Sounds like you had a variety of goodies! 😊
(1)

Thanks, Pam. I had a nice day.
(0)

EB,

So glad that you liked it. I love making soup. It’s soothing to me for some reason to cook soup.
(1)

NeedHelpWithMom: I have been in prayer for your husband. You're very welcome.
(2)

White pizza is my indulgence when I am flying solo, and mac n cheese.
(3)

I’ll probably have dessert for dinner a couple of times while my husband’s out of town.
(3)

NeedHelpWithMom,
I made your soup recipe tonight for dinner. It was so good. My mom and niece loved it. It is almost gone. Thanks again.
(2)

Desserts for dinner are a stressed out reliever!

Fun to cheat and eat like that once in a while. Until the bellyache starts🤢.
(3)

Dinner:
Broccoli and cheese soup recipe from NHWM. served with garlic and butter croutons. Soup was delicious. I added a little nutmeg.
(3)

My friends daughter got married over the weekend so I had 4 cream cannoli, three pieces of edge white wedding cake plus her frosting, 7 grain rice blend and some Reeses. A banana and cashews to settle my stomach.
(5)

Happy Birthday to NHWM !! Hope it was as wonderful as you are!!
(0)

Had late mid day meal. Husband is going to Wisconsin to work in hospital that needs additional doctors for Covid patients. Roast chicken, baked potatoes, sliced tomatoes and cucumbers, German chocolate cake. Packed him some leftovers for his cooler. My elderly father is fussing because he isn’t asked to work.
(3)

Elaine and Llama,

Your warm wishes mean so much.

Llama, I am counting on those prayers! Thanks 🙏.
(0)

Thanks so much for your kind wishes, Beatty. I very much appreciate them.

Beatty,

Don’t ever lose your wicked sense of humor. I love it!

I am meeting my cousin for lunch today. She is 11 months younger than me.

Catching up with a couple of friends later over coffee.
(1)

NHWM, I'm so glad you had a lovely birthday celebration.

I know things have not been easy this year & you are still in tough times so it's extra nice to mark the special days.

Hope you find some special moments to enjoy on your real birthday too.

(That's what the kids would say... my party-birthday & my real-birthday).

🤗🎈🎂🍷
(2)

Needhelpwithmom, Happy birthday 🎊🎂🎈🎁🎉!
(0)

NeedHelpWithMom: Happy 65th Birthday to you! I hope that you've had a great day today.💞

I do pray for your husband's treatment.
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter