Follow
Read More
Roast turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes with gravy and iced tea.
(4)

Roast with potatoes, carrots, and cabbage, rolls and salad. Cherry pie and coffee
(2)

Dinner
Baked salmon, mashed potatoes, carrots and peas, homemade apple pie and coffee.
(5)

Black bean burger with fries all smothered with BBQ sauce, for me. They all had BBQ Pulled pork sandwiches and fries, and banana nut muffins. Mom also chose a bean burger, to my surprise she loved it.
(5)

Need: Thank you. I appreciate your words.
(1)

earlybird: Thank you very much.
(1)

Bridger: Thank you so much.
(0)

Llama, I’m so sorry about your dad. You were so young to lose your dad. I can’t imagine.
(1)

Llama, sorry you lost your dad so young. Hugs to you.
(1)

Llama,

So sorry that you lost your dad so early in life.
(0)

I made portobello and spinach quesadillas! They were yummy 😋.
(0)

NobodyGetsIt: Thank you. That was a difficult time.
(2)

Sendhelp: Sorry that I apparently wasn't clear. My Daddy was transported to the hospital due to coronary arrest. He passed away.
(1)

"Llamalover47,"

That's a heartbreaking story - I thought he had passed away but, that - well there just are no words for what happened to you and your family. Especially, being only 20 and painfully shy.
(1)

Sorry Llama.🧸️

Abandonment hurts.
(1)

NobodyGetsIt: Yes, I was barely 20 myself and EXTREMELY shy. On Good Friday of '67, my Daddy left the house never to return. Thank you! 💞
(2)

"Llamalover47,"

I had no idea you lost your dad when you were so young - that's sad and I'm sorry to hear that.
(2)

Bridger: That is good that you brought your dad home today. You are blessed to have him. I lost my Daddy in 1967.
(2)

"Bridger46164,"

I'm so glad you have your dad with you and that he did it for you. That is so thoughtful of you to make his favorite dinner (which sounds great by the way). I bet that was a touching moment to see him and your husband compete to lick the frosting bowl - that made me smile. My mom always loved Red Velvet Cake - she's a Valentine's Day baby so I've made it for her birthday in the past. I sure hope he will be able to eat but, I know it will take some time for his appetite to return.

I'm glad he's spending time with all of you!
(0)

Bridger,

Awwwww, your dad is so blessed to have you in his life. I adored my dad and what I wouldn’t give to cook one more meal for him.

Your posting made me tear up. My dad died in 2002 and next to my husband he was the finest man I have ever known.

Daddy was a joy to be around. He provided a good life for my mom and his children and he lovingly taught me so much about life. He will live in my heart forever.

I was the apple of my father’s eye. He was strict, but fair. I have no doubt that you are so special to your dad, not to mention a fabulous cook, honey! I would eat at your house any day of the week.

Take care, Bridger and keep spreading your kindness. Your posts make me smile.
(1)

I brought Dad home today. He’s doing it for me so I won’t worry about him. Fixing his favorite dinner. Roast chicken, green beans, hash brown casserole, salad and made red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. Both sons and DIL are joining us. He and my husband competed to scrape the frosting bowl. Two little boys. I feel better with him here with me.
(3)

cwille,

Greek yogurt is a sub for sour cream and mayonnaise. Make a trial desert to try. See if you like it. If you do, you can make it to bring and enjoy.
(1)

cwillie,
Plain Greek yogurt probably similar to sour cream. I would give it a try.
(1)

We are heading to Nephew#1's for an early thanksgiving on Sunday and I am planning to bring a no bake cheesecake so does anyone know what makes low fat sour cream different from low fat yogurt? I already bought some because I was afraid that even Greek yogurt might weep, but I just don't get how that stuff can be called sour cream?
(0)

"earlybird"

Lucky you! Is mom enjoying some too?
(2)

Dinner: Cherry chocolate moose tract ice cream cone from a local dairy farm.
(3)

Bridger: Oh, big hugs to your dad. I know that he appreciates you. That poundcake sounds so good. I used to make a blackberry poundcake.
(2)

NHWM: That sounds deeelish!😀
(1)

Home made creamy chicken veggie stew (leftovers).
(2)

I didn’t feel like cooking dinner so I made something easy, eggs and toast.
(4)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter