Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
There was a restaurant in New England that served a Baby Apple and a Big Apple. I used to get the Baby Apple, which was very much like the Dutch Baby and was served with whipped cream.
(4)

Those Dutch Babies sound awesome,kinda like a puffed pastry.I bet they're really good~Thanks cwillie~
(4)

A dutch baby should puff up and be airy kind of like a cross between a souffle and a popover. I took an online recipe and cut it down to a single(ish) serving, so I used two eggs, 1/3 cup each milk and flour - I guess either the proportions were off or my oven wasn't hot enough 🤔
(2)

I'm making gluten free fried chicken. New recipe but excited to see how it turns out! Great topic, too. Thanks for the "break" from heavy stuff. :)
(3)

@ "Sendhelp,"

I thought the same thing when it came to "cwillie's" peach dutch baby and from my memory (which isn't always great) I thought it was rather flat in the middle and slightly curved upwards around the edges. They look like what I ordered at one of our favorite breakfast places (prior to COVID) but, they called theirs a german pancake with different fruit toppings. They were huge and very popular.

Also, thank you for the nice compliments on my post/dinner - I don't think our landlord would appreciate "everybody" coming over though! :)

I've never seen Downton Abbey but, have heard of it - sounds like it would be funny.
(2)

Cwillie,
I looked up the peach dutch baby recipes. They did not look like they were meant to rise very much at all. Maybe it is not your cooking afterall.
(2)

NobodyGetsIt,
What a wonderful post, and a wonderful dinner is planned! You are amazing, reminds me of another poster we once had on here.

Everybody is going to want to come over tonight for dinner!

I was just re-watching Downton Abby and the kitchen cook, Mrs. Patmore was aligning herself with the cook, Mrs. Bird to make wonderful meals for the Granthum family.
(3)

Tonight's menu will be Top Sirloin Steaks topped with French's fried onions, baked potato with butter, sour cream and chives, sauteed sliced red peppers and sliced zucchini, whole berry cranberry sauce, corn bread muffin, the watermelon I forgot to serve with last nights dinner and mini chocolate cakes with walnuts and whipped cream. Oh yeah, probably a glass of Cabernet!
(3)

Some pizzas are like that....cardboard.
Hard to tell the cardboard it sits on from the actual pizza.🍕
(3)

It's going to be a quick and easy dinner tonight!

Hot dogs with relish, spicy brown mustard, ketchup, onions and shredded Colby/Jack cheese, potato salad, pickle spears, black olives, pork and beans, watermelon and strawberry shortcake.
(5)

Earlier, fresh strawberries just before they got too ripe.
And, taking half the day to figure out what was in that zip-lock, without a label.....there is fresh baked cornbread now! Where did I put the honey?
(2)

@ "cwillie,"

I lovvvve cardboard :)

And how was it - do you know why it didn't rise?
(0)

Only if you like the taste of cardboard. And yes, I did eat it. 🤣
(3)

@ "cwillie,"

Ohhhh - I love those and apple ones too - won't it still taste good even though it didn't rise????
(1)

I made a peach dutch baby, but it didn't rise 😢 That was supposed to be my dinner, I didn't plan anything else.
(4)

@ "Sendhelp,"

Where'd it go? Oh yeah, in your "hubs" tummy :(
(1)

Still missing my ice cream!
(2)

We will be having Pork Tenderloin with a brown mushroom glaze, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, sauteed zucchini with "mozzarella melts" cheese and a cornbread muffin with honey butter. Since I forgot to buy the strawberries for our shortcake, my husband will be getting our favorite, inexpensive McDonalds hot fudge sundaes for a little treat!
(1)

Baked haddock with lemon butter crumb topping, mashed potatoes, carrots, corn on the cob, dark chocolate homemade brownie.
(1)

Coming out of the drive-thru at Telly's, husband says" "We ordered off-menu at Telly's". Like he sounded proud?

I asked if that was a thing? "Is that a thing?"

I thought about it. Sounds like a Valley-girl thing. "Are you maybe a Valley-guy? I said. Lol.

Went for ice cream. They did not have it, just shakes. I asked, What do you make your shakes out of, ice cream?" He says, "I'll check". We can do that for you, he says, and they did!

So we also ordered french fries-they were so nice and hot! I ate them first. Hubs ate my ice cream.

We went out! It was an outing! Yay!
(4)

Haddock sandwich with potato salad, 1/2 glass low calorie lemonade.
(2)

Tonight we're having Garlic Herb Rotisserie Chicken, potato salad, baked beans, sliced tomatoes and red peppers, biscuits with olive oil, oregano and crushed red pepper flakes for dipping, watermelon, a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon and hot fudge sundaes from McDonalds.
(4)

Hi friends,

Roast turkey tonight with baby potatoes.  Looking forward to tacos tomorrow though.:-)
(6)

Grilled Balsamic Vinegar Smokehouse hamburgers with homemade pasta salad. Yum 😋

I like Kosher salt or Sea Salt...just my little 2 cents!
(3)

@"earlybird," - did you save some for me - because I'm coming over! :)
(3)

I saw fresh green beans at the local orchard ( they also sell farm produce) and we got 3 lbs, Hubs made green beans and tiny potatoes with ham hocks! 2 cousins brought my Aunt for a surprise visit with Mom, first since Mom came home from Aunts and ended up in the hospital,, Mom was so excited,, and everyone loved the meal! I am also living on the fresh fruit.. peaches, nectarines.. you name it.
(6)

Homemade flautas made with rib eye, diced jalapenos, purple onions and cabbage, cilantro and parsley, with mozzarella cheese. Served with chopped fresh purple cabbage, cilantro and spring onions, salsa on the side.

Baked not fried.
(3)

Eggplant parmigiana with garden fresh tomatoes, summer squash and basil, splash extra virgin olive oil, garlic butter bread crumbs and mozzarella natural cheese. Fresh brewed coffee, Milano orange chocolate cookies.
(3)

Fasting through breakfast time.
Maybe I will juice some celery, but only 8 ounces.
(1)

Mom and I eat 'dinner' at lunch time and have a snack at dinner time. Last nite it was homemade quacamole with tomatoes, onion and cilantro, a little lemon juice. That's the vegetables, the chips add grain, and the margaritas, well, how could you not have a margarita! (so lots of salt used, both kinds!)
(4)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter