Follow
Read More
Years ago I ate 2 bites of a quiche from the product called, "Healthy Choice." Tasted like cardboard. Totally gross and not so healthy.
(2)

Two slices of a GROSS frozen pizza. Rest goes out to the trash. And some salad. And a mini blue bunny vanilla cone.

Won't buy that kind of pizza again!😫😫😫 Feeling a bit green around the gills.
(5)

Carrot Raisin Salad with pineapple slice on top.
Dressing was mayonnaise, sugar, plain greek yogurt, pineapple juice, and lemon juice. Only a slight variation of the original recipe from my childhood.

Always served at family gatherings with potato salad, macaroni salad, ambrosia, and jello.
(5)

Loaded baked potatoes.

Organic golden boy potatoes, medium cheddar cheese, crispy bacon crumbled, garlic chives, Mexican onions and sour cream.

Needing some baked salmon this week. I bake it smothered in fresh dill and parsley with some grass fed organic butter that makes a delicious sauce for rice. Mmmmmgood!
(5)

Baked salmon, mashed potatoes and sweet peas.
(3)

Beatty, I slipped up big time recently. I like my sweets a little too much, I had 4 brownies with coffee ice cream. Pasta and rice not too bad, sounds good to me.
(5)

We all slip up sometimes Beatty. Don't be too hard on yourselves.😏
(4)

"quiche was nappy" 🤣🤣🤣

Last two weeks I fell off my wagon a bit & added pasta & rice back to dinners. And ahem.. biscuits. Well goodbye toes & hello flesh tyre! Sigh...

Is there a patron saint of salads?
(3)

Doing air fried chicken makes it allowed on any diet Beatty.

Sorry to hear your quiche was nappy. I love a good quiche, ham, swiss cheese and spinach being my fave.

I agree steak and chips, yum!
(3)

Beatty: I love good quiches. Perhaps the one you had was lo cal? Steak and chips=yum! 😁
(0)

Isthisrealyreal, oh I really want that that fried chicken dinner & the rest now!

Had a shop quiche last night. Was just awful, like smooth baby food or set custard with mild cardboard for pastry.. but the steamed broccoli, cauliflower & a simple salad of red capsicum, mini roma tomatos & avocado was very good.

Steak & chip night here. Happy hour starts in 55 minutes 😁🍷

No more bad news watching tonight. Comedy instead.
(3)

Fried chicken, fingerling potato fries and steamed broccoli.

Watermelon for desert!
(3)

I hope NHWM is ok, I bet she would reply if she could. Praying for her for safety, health and peace.
(3)

Yum to the sugar corn!
(1)

BLT, vegetarian version with fresh sweet butter& sugar corn on the cob.
(2)

I sent NeedHelpWithMom a private message in May, but I never got a response. I think SendHelp said that NHWM's area may have had a tornado in mid May.
(1)

(2)

The other half of last night’s big stir fry, pork cubes, onion, broccoli, frozen baby beans, noodles, black beans, flaked bell pepper, and a combination of powdered garlic & ginger. Makes an easy second meal for us.

Can you search for NHWM so that we can send a message? Without a post to click on, is there a way to search?
(1)

Hope NHWM is ok 😟
(3)

Edit - NHWM posted on this thread last on 5/8.
(1)

gladimhere: NHWM last posted on 5/9/20, I believe.
(2)

Baked fresh haddock with garlic butter crumbs topping, creamy mashed potatoes, green beans, beets. Dark chocolate homemade brownies with small scoop coffee ice-cream, light lemonade.
Italian pasta with a French twist, red sauce had a small amount of unsalted butter. Delicious recipe.
(3)

Gumbo, just love it! A frozen dinner I spotted in the store. It was ok, maybe I should find a recipe. Where the heck is NHWM?
(5)

Chicharron tacos with purple cabbage, onions and fresh salsa served on corn tortillas.

Oops, and watermelon for desert.

This is not diet food!
(3)

Pizza from NYPD - Pepperoni with black olives and then I made a low-carb mini chocolate cake and served it with extra creamy whipped cream -LOL!
(2)

Chili cheese Hebrew National dog and blue bunny mini cone.
(3)

Rosemary: Agreed - sometimes when caring for my mother I would make a from-scratch meal and sometimes I would use a Birds Eye or another brand bagged meal; very good and gave myself a break.
(1)

pizza
(2)

Basked sole=yummy!
(0)

Someone asked me what is a nightshade plant?
Nightshade Vegetables
Eggplants, peppers, tomatoes and potatoes are all members of the nightshade family. These vegetables contain the chemical solanine, which some people claim aggravates arthritis pain and inflammation. Tobacco is another nightshade plant.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter