Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Congrats Earlybird! With such dedication you deserve your great results 😀.

I have been inspired to put the longer term goals in front of the short term taste. Not always winning, but improving.
(3)

earlybird - congratulations on your weight loss, your renewed energy and your new ways of eating. Following your progress has been very interesting and inspiring, I wish you all the best for the future. Keeping blood sugar in the right range is so worthwhile.

I have been eating keto today so tonight a 1/2 tin of canned salmon, a little mayo, Brussels sprouts, some roasted spicy riced cauliflower and a little beef jerky for a snack. Weird, I know. 🙃
(6)

Day 21 Last day posting my progress. Energy level amazing, I lost a total of 7 LBS. Feel great and refreshed. I never want to go back the way I was eating these last few months. Gained weight, felt sluggish, irritable and split my pants when I bent over one day. No more!! On the road to a better and healthier life style.
Bought a new pair of summer slacks, too big and baggy , need smaller size, but will keep them for around the house. Cousin asked me to join her in the pool today, swam for one hour.

Breakfast
Oatmeal with cherries, banana and almond milk

Lunch:
Hot dog, few chips. 1/2 scoop of coffee ice-cream
Snack
Avocado and small toasted crackers
Dinner: Burger on a toasted bun.
Strawberry shortcake with light whip cream

That's all folks. I like this thread very much. I have tried some really good recipes and I appreciate all the positive responses to my posts. The best to all of you!
(7)

Thanks Shell, it feels so good to feel good. I hope I can continue for the rest of my life, eating healthy and exercising most days.
(5)

Good for you earlybird. You should be proud of yourself!😉
(5)

Day 20 Energy level very good. My regular size Capris are baggy.

Breakfast
1 small Spinach Frittatas, 1/2 coffee with small amount light cream
Lunch: Haddock sandwich on a toasted roll, potato salad.
!/4 slice Lemon Meringue pie, 1/4 slice Boston Cream Pie. 1/4 cup coffee splash cream, no sugar.

Dinner: dark cherries, 1/2 cup low sugar lemonade.
(2)

earlybird: Good for you that you figured out you were an emotional eater and lost weight. I have an underlying factor - inherited hypothyroidism from my mother so I used to be thinner. Eat salad every night.
(2)

Fresh haddock , few fries, coleslaw. Local dine out restaurant. Shared plate with brother.
Few bites of homemade coffee ice-cream.
Simply light Lemonade

Energy level is amazing, not tired, can fit comfortably in my shorts and tee shirt now. Goal is to lose 30 labs. Last day posting this everyday will be June 21. Thanks all for putting up with all this. Hope it helped someone on this thread. It was good for me to see what I ate for the day and change my behavior of food accordingly . I now know I was an emotional eater. I caught myself a few times, reaching for sweets, when I was stressed. Now with some discipline I can spot it and reach for a piece of sweet fruit such as a juicy peach. My next goal will be to exercise everyday for 1/2 hour in the morning with my Body Gym to the oldies music. Yay!!
(5)

Day 19 snack
Energy level good
Fresh beets and cherries
(2)

Day 19 Energy level great, not sluggish.

Breakfast
1/2 egg and a few bites of grain seeded toast.
Feel full, few sips water.
(1)

We went crabbing (got a big bucket of blue crabs) and then dug clams this afternoon. Got plenty of both for dinner.
(6)

pamzimmrrt: Our daughter got the steamed crabs and cream of crab soup from the local Fifer's Seafood. Very good that you enjoyed the same in addition to lobster. Too early in the season for crabs to be running good right now. Have a friend who is a fulltime outdoorsman and even he cannot get a lot. That, of course, dictates price.

Yes, I did recall that you, too, reside in Maryland.😀
(2)

Grilled pork tenderloin (mint & garlic) with cream potatoes and broccoli and mushrooms.
(2)

earlybird - you're doing so good with such discipline, too.

I was doing really good with my exercise last year and just got lazier and lazier. I am starting it again and eating lighter.
(3)

Day 18 Energy good.
Dinner

Chic burger meatless, 1/4 chips low fat.
Water with lemon.
(2)

LLama hubs bought crab legs, shrimp and 2 lobsters for fathers day.. I had to work but he made "cream of crab soup" with the lobster tail (mom ate the other lobster) and he and mom said its wonderful. He used the old bay recipe ( we are in Maryland) I plan to have some tonight!! I can't believe the price of a bushel of crabs right now!!
(2)

Day 18: Energy level better this afternoon
Lunch
1/3 cup meatless Lasagna.
Water with lemon
Waffle Graham 60 calories
(1)

Day 18 Energy level is ok, slightly sluggish but did a lot of activity yesterday, walk, exercise and wading and exercise in the kiddie pool. Ate everything I wanted, which I allow on my diet once a week. See the difference, Need to alter my decisions on free day. Ate 4 slices of banana bread I made.

Breakfast:
Oatmeal with 1/2 banana, pistachio nuts and fresh Bing cherries. Water.
(1)

Daughter brought her Daddy steamed crabs and a large bowl of cream of crab soup. Best Maryland crabs and hadn't seen our daughter since February 29 due to the Novel Coronavirus.💞💞
(5)

A couple of corned beef lettuce wraps, some roasted cauliflower and eggplant, 2 squares of excellent rich 70% chocolate, with coffee.
(4)

Day 17 Energy great.

Dinner
Cookout
Hi-Protein Veggie Burger from Trader Joe's with pickles and onions, Cape Cod chips 40% less fat.
Potato salad. Watermelon and a Georgia juicy peach
Newman's Lemonade Light.
(3)

Today's menu is grilled steak, baked potatoes, green salad and flan for dessert!
Happy Father's Day!
(6)

Earlybird,
Wow!
🍌🍉🍊🍏🥑🍵🍎🍓🍇🍒🍋🍈🍐🍍🍠🍆🍅🌶🥝🥕🥒🥦🥬️
(1)

Wow!! I feel great , like I was in my twenties. Amazing what food can do. I cleaned my bike at 8:30 am, very unusual for me. Have not used it for about 5 years. Exercised with my new Body Gym, I love it, it is easy and a very good workout I finished 75% and then I was tired. Stress level is minimal and energy level is high.

Breakfast
1/2 poached free range egg, 1/2 slice seeded brown bread. 1/4 cup blueberry coffee
(4)

Day 16 Energy level good. exercised today.
Dinner:
Homemade banana bread, two slices with Smart Balance.
Cup of Decaf tea with splash light cream.
Had 5 very ripe bananas.
Only 2/3 cup of light brown sugar.
(1)

Day 16
Lunch: little sluggish this afternoon but still feel good

Chic burger with lettuce and tomato on a toasted roll, potato salad.
Fudge bar 100 calories.
(1)

Day 16 breakfast:
Energy level is excellent, no cravings, got my new Body Gym yesterday.
Breakfast:
Brown seeded slice of toast with avocado, tomato, basil, and a sprinkle of oregano.
I/2 glass grapefruit juice.
(1)

Kept to my Fruit Friday day but with an egg & veg for dinner. Woke up feeling good with more energy today :)
(2)

There are 6 calories in one cup of iced coffee with milk.
(0)

6 calories
There are 6 calories in 1 coffee cup of Iced Coffee with Milk.
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter