Follow
Read More
Cwilly,

I eat my spaghetti by twirling it with a fork and a spoon, but when I am tired I will cut my pasta in bite size...just depending on how I feel and where I am eating spaghetti at:)
(1)

Spaghetti. I bought some veggies planning to make a stir fry but I just never had the initiative to do it and they all needed to be uses ASAP, so into the electric chopper they went - add a little ground beef and some tomato sauce and voila!

Years ago when my mom made spaghetti we kids all got on my father's case because he would get out his knife and fork and cut it into bite sized pieces instead of twirling. You know what, I've discovered he was on to something... 🤣
(4)

Hello!
It was broth and boiled sweet potatoes with chicken breast in breadcrumbs (wholegrain)
Healthy and yummy :D
Don't be sad dear, I try to cheer you up:
https://www.JokestJokes.com/Food_Jokes
(0)

O'oh.. anyone sick?

That's always our go-to dish when 'crook'.
(2)

Homemade chicken noodle soup.
(5)

I'd like black rice and salmon and some veggies
Breakfast: pancakes or waffles with fruits and a cup of coffee
Lunch: some broccoli(chinese style) with fish (grouper) green tea
(4)

I need some seafood now. Anything that you listed works shell.

Trout amandine is my favorite, but any trout will do.
(3)

Pam,

I use to bartend at Red Lobster years ago. I would have clam chowder and biscuits for breakfast and for lunch would have rainbow trout and for dinner shrimp with pasta or a lobster tail. I didn't make much money but I sure ate well!!
(5)

Baked chicken legs, and roasted veggies.

Need - Love lentil soup or any soup too.

Barb you have me wanting trout now
(4)

Ooooh, I love lentil soup. One of my favorite soups. I love cooking all soups. It’s so comforting to cook soup. I know some people only like soup in the winter but I cook it year round.

We had a sad day. I made comfort food for my youngest daughter to take home with her. I made a pan of lasagna. She brought her toy poodle by for me to say goodbye to. RIP, Bernie 💗.

Her pooch had to be put down. He had Cushing’s Disease. He was not responding to the meds. His tumor near his brain was inoperable. He was starting to suffer and my daughter couldn’t bear watching him suffer any longer. There is no cure for Cushing’s disease.

She is done with school now. She’s waiting for her diploma to come in the mail. Such a weird year. I always thought that we would see her wearing her purple cap and gown from Louisiana State University. Geaux Tigers!

Oh well...safety comes first.
(6)

Made red lentil soup. Will roast some brook trout and vegetables.
(4)

We got delivery from Red Lobster as I have to work this weekend.. early Mothers Day. Coconut shrimp, fries,rice and bisquits. They even sent ketchsup for the fries in a bowl! We have tons of leftovers,, and it was as good as eating at the restaurant.
(4)

Captain definitely added some spice to this forum. It's too bad he didn't have a filter. But I guess that's what made him interesting. We are all so vanilla in comparison.

I tried to incorporate food references in this post since it is the what's for dinner thread.😉
(4)

I love my fairly new Dutch oven cast iron pot. I put it on the stovetop and sear cheap meat in it (like bottom roast), and then into the oven with a quart of broth and let it cook for hours. It’s too much food to make at one time for only myself but I just like how easy it is to make a big pot roast like that.

I got a rice cooker, too, and a big cast iron 12” skillet. I finally feel like a grown up cook, at 45yo, hee hee.

The absence of Cap from this forum reminds me that politics will ruin everything, if you let it. I hope there was justice for his son.
(2)

I do miss the Captain, his sense of humor and his straightforward and candid way of talking.
(2)

Ccaptain Bob has deactivated his account.

I hope he got justice for his son and that perhaps his little grandson is living with him now.
(5)

The Captain used to haunt this thread... Haven't heard from in a while... ?? Hope is ok.
(0)

Earlybird, that is mouthwatering. All of it!
(2)

Baked Haddock with garlic butter bread crumbs, creamy mashed potatoes, carrots and peas. thinking about dessert but might pass, Family and I went for a long walk on the bike trail,1st time in two months, people were doing a good job social distancing, we all wore our masks. Great to be out in the sunshine. Feel refreshed!
(4)

CM, it was so yummy. And since I cook like I am feeding an army it will be wonderful leftovers and I will be sharing with my 89 year young friend. She told me she isn't eating properly because of the lock down. I wonder how common this is for our elders.

Can I encourage all that can to provide a nutritious meal for an elder you know.
(1)

That's a proper rainbow of nutrients, Isthis! - sounds delicious, too.
(0)

My Dutch ham, potato and green bean stew/soup? In homemade bone broth with crusty garlic batard. Served with prickly pear, ginger, hibiscus, lemon limeade sweetened with local raw honey to wash it all done.

We are focusing on nutrition since everyone is getting out and about more, creating more exposure. So boosting the immune system to handle whatever we come across. We are mindful and proactive in this endeavor every single day, but sometimes we need an extra nutritional boost.

I pray everyone is doing well and has enough nutrition to get through this.
(6)

Tuscan Tofu Scramble, made with firm tofu red bell pepper, red onions, garlic, fresh tomato, nutritional yeast, MatoZest, and fresh spinach. Pepper to season. I love this healthy dish, good for breakfast, lunch or dinner. My mother loves this meal too. Serve with a fresh garden salad or buttered rye toast. Delish!!
(2)

Golden: Love your kitty avatar!
(0)

They do, lu. Mine have a tunnel -with 3 "arms" and love it. I am sure we have nearly 100 cat toys hidden around the house somewhere. Right now the favourite is a little catnip mouse. and being outside. They hunt bugs. Pumpkin eats everything and Rocky only likes dry cat food and treats, but they both like chicken so that will have to be the special birthday food. They are such fun and good companions.
(2)

A year old.....how wonderful Golden.Yes you will have to have a party~
My 3 "kittens" turned 3 years old Feb.20th and we had the best party thanks to a friend that sent a very special box to them from Amazon filled with over 27 cat toys, snacks and even a tunnel &.Ofcouse,we did the Beanie Baby Boogie they love and they had canned tuna too.The babies have been so wonderful &
I know your kitties must bring you alot of joy too.
(3)

Thx lu. I enjoy cooking. It takes my mind off things. The kitties are great. They will be a year old near the end of May. I will have to celebrate with them. 😸🎈😸🎈 🎉🎉
(3)

You sure make some tasty dinner's Golden & your dessert of chocolate and coffee couldn't be better.Just perfect~&
I LoVe the kitty on your avatar too~so dear
(2)

Garlic rosemary pork loin roast, roasted veggies, cinnamon apple slices, pan gravy and as always, a couple of squares of dark chocolate and a coffee for dessert.
(2)

Made the best chicken soup ever. It was almost a stew and the flavour was awesome. Now roasting some veggies - cauliflower, bell peppers and zucchini. I like the peppers and zucchini still a bit firm, and the cauliflower well caramelized.

earlybird -your salmon meal sounds fantastic.
(6)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter