Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Cwillie, make sure that the outside of the steak is dry and the meat is room temperature. Then slap that baby on high heat, whether it is a pan or bbq. Never had any luck in the broiler personally, but a heavy hot pan should work. I am scared of the broiler, so I probably don't let everything get hot enough 1st. That should solve your crispy exterior with med rare doneness.
(1)

Craving meat so I pulled a striploin out of the freezer but - sigh. I haven't been able to make a good steak since I moved to this place, no matter what I do I can't seem to master getting a crispy exterior without overcooking the interior (medium rare please). I should never have gotten rid of that hibachi.
(2)

You’re very welcome, Golden
(1)

Thx, need. Looks delicious!
(1)

Mayday,

I am giggling now because some people that have more money than God do choose to have themselves frozen. They don’t want to die! The search for immortality! Creepy.
(0)

Mayday,

I freeze in individual portions is probably the better way to say it. Sorry about that.

I like to do that in case my hubby and I want something different with our leftovers. We can choose whatever we desire.

Those iron skillets are fantastic, aren’t they? Simplicity can be yummy. Sometimes, it’s all about using the best ingredients, pure and simple with nothing to distract from the flavor of top quality beef. Your sirloin sounds terrific!
(0)

Need Help; with Mom: I freeze individuals.. at first glance, I thought I read it this way.... :-
Obviously I got it wrong again...
(1)

Top sirloin : Heat iron skillet in oven at 525 degrees..
olive oil , salt n pepper on sirloin, both sides,

place them in preheated pan for 6 minutes on each side... let it rest.. eat... enjoy.

sometimes they are thicker so I bake them a couple minutes longer...

simple and good
(2)

Gem,

Hahaha, sounds interesting! You sound very resourceful. 😊
(0)

Chocolate Mint Vega One All in One Protein shake, mixed with vanilla soymilk, some yogurt, and ice. Two glasses of Chardonnay, Calcium/Vitamin D , and ADEK supplement. Dinner of a champion? Hardly! Just making do with what I have, and grateful for what I have!
(1)

Golden,

My husband made it. Was yummy!

Honey Dijon Pork Tenderloin

Prep 10 min
Cook 30 min 145 degrees
Calories 250 per serving
8 servings

My husband bought appropriately two lbs of pork tenderloin. It was in two separate roasts. (Whole Foods)

1/4 cup soy or tamari sauce.
3 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
4 cloves garlic (minced)
2 tablespoons dried rosemary or 1 sprig fresh rosemary
Freshly ground pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375. Bake tenderloins for approximately 30 minutes or until they are 145 degrees.

Whisk together above ingredients in a bowl.

Drizzle bottom of baking dish with olive oil.

Place tenderloins in dish. Cut several deep slits in roasts. Slits should be cut about half way through the tenderloins. Bake roasts uncovered.

Pour sauce on top on tenderloins. Baste roasts every 10 minutes as they are baking.

Spooning the sauce over the top creates a delicious glaze on top and will soak into the slits in the roasts that will flavor the entire roasts.

Do not overcook! Overcooking tenderloins will dry out meat. Thermometer should read 145.

When roasts are done remove from oven and cover with foil. Allow meat to rest for 10 - 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with sauce spooned on top and enjoy!
(1)

Leftovers boiled dinner- smoked ham, potatoes, carrots, cabbage and turnip, hot dinner rolls , homemade lemon meringue pie. I love leftovers the next day.
(3)

Had my turkey thigh tonight with roasted asparagus and zucchini. I did a quick and dirty with the veggies and just sprinkled lemon pepper on them. It was good!!!

All this talk of ham. I will get one my next order. Ham and eggs is great for left overs. I usually glaze hams but it is not worth it just for me. But I will simmer it for a while before baking and make pea soup! Maybe I will stick a few cloves in to it. Raisin sauce is great with ham too and can be used with left overs to switch it up.

need - what was the new pork loin recipe? I have several loins in the freezer.
(1)

Isthisrealyreal,

I had to do something with the leftover ham. Yes! Cut your ham up to small bits just like you would with corned beef. I do put the ham in a hot pan to render the fat and crispy it up then turn down the heat! I am sure you will figure it out...your a good cook!)

Your very welcome!🐶
It was yummy!! LOL
(2)

Ham hash, never even thought about that. Thanks for the idea.

Do you prepare it the same as corned beef or roast beef hash?
(2)

Ham hash and green bean casserole. Pecan pie and candy!
(2)

Hubby made a fantastic new pork loin recipe this evening with grilled veggies. Yummy 😋
(2)

Golden,

I freeze stuffed peppers all the time. They do freeze well. If we wouldn’t freeze food there would be too much wasted food. I freeze in individual portions.

My daughter makes stuffing zucchini all the time. I have not tried her recipe yet. I need to. I keep forgetting about it. I guess those could be frozen too. She doesn’t cook a whole lot at one time.

Her boyfriend is a fabulous cook. I think they take turns cooking.
(2)

Isthisrealyreal, I char my peppers on my stove with no pan just use the open flames the way my dad did it!

I will have to make your roasted cauliflower! Sounds yummy!😋
(1)

Golden, you can simply throw them on a bbq grill or you can use a heavy bottomed pan and char the outside that way. If you toss them in a plastic bag while they are hot the skins will just slip off in about 15 minutes.

I love roasted cauliflower with fennel seed and parmesan cheese.
(3)

Good tip, real, Thank you. I've never actually roasted a pepper but gather the flavour is great. Roasted zucchini might freeze well. I have never riced cauliflower. I steam it and eat as such, or mash it. Love it roasted too. The mashed cauliflower freezes well for me.

I think all this will have to wait till tomorrow. My sinus/sore throat is hanging around (no, not that virus, it is something I live with). I have food in the fridge I can heat up for supper.
(2)

Golden, I can highly recommend roasting and then slicing or dicing your peppers it is the yummiest way I have frozen them.

I have found that I lose all the moisture from my zucchini by freezing it, so I grate it and only use it for bread if I have to freeze it.

You are correct that blanching veggies keeps the texture, color and flavor when freezing. Rice'ing (?) cauliflower is a great way to freeze it.

All of these foods sound so yummy.
(2)

Blanching is supposed to keep colour, flavour and texture I think. I find peppers are just fine cut into strips and frozen. I once froze a whole pepper (I was in a rush) and won't do that again. When thawed It was a soggy mess so I threw it out. But cooked stuffed peppers seem to freeze fine.
(1)

No need to blanch it, is there?
(1)

Good, I wasn't planning to!
(0)

No I don't bother to blanch zucchini Golden. Or peppers.
(1)

Oh, I forgot to ask you, cw. Do you blanch the zucchini before freezing? I don't blanch peppers.
(0)

Thx cw. I actually bought some frozen zucchini spirals as well, I think I will roast some with the other veggies for supper tonight. chunk some and freeze for stir fries, and eat the rest raw. They keep pretty well.

I cut up and froze some of the peppers last night. Two of them were over 6" long! I am limited by the number of baking sheets I have for freezing the individual strips before bagging them. I was thinking I would stuff at least two of them. Stuffed peppers freeze well. Good keto food! Getting there!!!! 😊
(2)

Golden freezing diced zucchini for pasta sauce works very well but I love making "zoodles" with a cheese or alfredo sauce, you don't need a spiralizer you can just make the "noodles" with a knife.
(2)

Bananas.
(4)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter