Follow
Read More
We’re having braised chicken tonight. I made butterscotch bars for my Dad, took them to his Rehab yesterday. He loves anything butterscotch. We still have some left, so that’s our dessert!
(0)

Golden,

Yes, a cheese stuffed into celery would be fantastic!
(1)

shell - just braised some celery and baby bok choy with onion, garlic, and ginger, Saute the white parts of the bok choy with the celery cut into similar sized pieces for a few minutes till they begin to soften (and onion if you are using a fresh one - I used dessicated for this and powdered garlic). Toss in the green parts of the bok choy and add about a cup of chicken stock, the garlic powder and dried onion. Season with soy, sesame oil, and ginger and simmer till green part wilted and celery is still a little crunchy. I think I like it better than the roasted celery. Braising works very well for celery and it was quick and easy. I'm cleaning my fridge and the boy chok had to be used up so I thought I would try the combination,

send and need - love celery in salads - tuna, Waldorf or whatever

need - celery stuffed with pb is great, or cheese or liverwurst...

Does anyone else like celery root. I think it is great!
(2)

Im making chili...but grilled cheese, french toast, scrambled eggs, along w some frzn vegtables that I pan fry w olive oil, salt/pepper are some sides. Also roasted vegs.
Not too exciting but good!
(2)

I am making stuffed shells - kind of ravioli in large pasta shells - with salad and bread. We may even crack open a bottle of Martinelli's sparkling apple cider.
(3)

Cetude.

What kind of soap are you using? I am using Dawn. Should I be using something else?
(0)

I would NOT be visiting anybody or allow socializing with all this COVID-19 going on--and assuming your are caregiving someone elderly if you catch it, you can bet it will kill the vulnerable--the elderly for example. You can order food online, but even then I would be wiping down everything (even a soap-and-water solution) before stocking it wearing gloves.
(0)

Last night we had creamy garlic spinach chicken and rice. It was fantastic

I know how to cook but lately we have had to think outside the box and try new things for dinner, so far so good.
I we all help out and so nothing is to hard.
(5)

We thought about doing takeout, but then I said , why? I’d rather eat my own cooking, unless it’s a steak! Have been trying to introduce more beans into our diet as protein source-so ham and bean soup it was with homemade biscuits. So tasty and satisfying. Leftovers for lunch today too. My mother was never a good cook, but somewhere along the line, I became one!
(6)

Home made Gluten Free Manicotti and Broccoli.
(5)

I think that I had celery soup one time or used it in a recipe.
(1)

Celery soup? Campbell's makes one, never have tried it. Home made would be better with chicken stock? Season with what you like.
(5)

I like celery with peanut butter or almond butter as a snack.

I love celery in tuna salad too. I love the crunch! Celery can be added to many salads. Celery and carrots can be sliced and served with a dip. I love it with hummus!

I love tons of celery in homemade vegetable soup.

We use lots of celery because it’s part of the ‘trinity’ seasoning here in New Orleans which is, onion, celery and bell pepper. Add garlic and that’s Louisiana seasoning.
(6)

Chopped celery makes tuna sandwiches go farther, if you use lots.
(7)

shell - I googled and found some recipes with different flavours for roasted celery. Might be worth your while to do that. Years ago I used to microwave strips of celery and carrot together - cut about the same size -carrots not too thick. It worked - the kids ate them. You could make soup too or stir fry. There are lots of recipes on line.
(4)

Golden,

Thanks for the idea of what to do with my celery. I have to much celery and have been looking through cookbooks and racking my brain out on what to do with it all. I love cooking with celery, but don't use it a lot! I am going to try making celery your way:)

Thank you😋
(2)

Garlic brown butter cod with baked potatoes & roasted green beans.
(4)

Send about the only and favorite way my family eats salmon is patties,, made from canned salmon,, with mac and cheese of course! I have been working the last few days, and I have to say local businesses and random people have been sending tons of food to the hospital,, our unit always seemed to gets lot gifted food from families and our management, but we are all going to gain weight if this keeps up! It is nice to know people know what we do, and are supporting in any way they can.
(5)

NHWM - that sounds very healthy and delicious. I think I will have the same today.
(4)

We had grilled fish and veggies.
(6)

Steaks on the grill. The first from the the steer we butchered in January. Really good. So far this butchering everything has been good. We did a hog in January as well. Going to do a pork roast tomorrow. Plus today we had home canned green beans and peaches for dessert.
(5)

Another happenstance. My groceries got delivered today and apparently I ordered 2 bunches of celery. That's a lot of celery for one person so I looked up roasted celery and did some while roasting cauliflower. I used oregano, thyme, salt and pepper and some oil of course and it was good with left over pork roast. I do like roasted veggies!

Yesterday was a real "survivalist" meal - a tin of smoked oysters and a wedge of raw cabbage. I know - I'm weird. 😉. My thyroid has been low and I think it is a bit high right now. I am on a roll.
(4)

Shell,

Yummy, you had comfort food.

We had grilled tuna and veggies and a glass of wine.
(3)

Baked chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy and corn!
(3)

Baked haddock with lemon, creamy mashed potatoes,carrots.
(5)

A glass of wine. Wasn’t hungry. Didn’t sleep well. Took a nap earlier. Going to bed as soon as I finish watching tv program.
(5)

Ordered some steaks from Harry & David to be delivered soon.
We are no longer going out, it just does not make any sense if we want to take precautions. My credit card company notified me of a fraud alert because I never order online. Lol.

We have been working on a real emergency kit for a long time now, what with fires, power outages, and expiration of the original kit from last year. Just in time for a time such as this, it is pretty empty.

No one ever thinks they will need to eat that stuff, do they?
So, not to gross anyone out, but we had canned salmon patties tonight, with canned green beans.
Brownies for dessert.

It was all good anyway.
(1)

Take out pizza here as well, Our pizza hut has a drive up window, and we had a nice coupon from the paper. Trying to help out the local business owners!
(6)

Veggie meatloaf, creamy gravy, baked potatoes and carrots.
Chocolate pudding with dollop light whip cream
(3)

Take out pizza. Owners present, red tape for distance. Great pizza and no cooking!
(5)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter