Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
I made Rye bread today so for dinner Ruben Sandwiches made with a bit of leftover Corned Beef. Daughter, SIL and grand kids are going to come down and there will also be pizza since I doubt everyone will want Ruben Sandwiches.
I think I will make some Shortbread cookies for dessert.
(5)

NHWM,

I love making frittatas because they are easy and you can use up leftovers. You really can put whatever you want in them!😄
(3)

I am too busy snacking all day long to need any dinner. At this rate I think I have a couple of years for last child's wedding. If I can just stabilize until then. Pretty much assured my latest diet and exercise plan is lost to these times.
(1)

I have never made a quiche or a frittata. I am going to look at a few recipes for a veggie frittata.

I have done a veggie omelette before.
(2)

Roasted chicken and veggies. Cucumber salad.
(4)

Hoping that everyone has enough groceries and knows where to reach out if not.
(4)

Oh Send I would so eat that! May have to try to copy it somehow!
(1)

Pammzi,
BBQ Chopped salad was from Rattler's BBQ.

BBQ Chopped
Mixed greens, roasted corn, black beans, shredded carrots, red cabbage, jack cheese and tortilla strips – tossed with Ranch and topped with chopped tomato, green onion and cilantro.
(3)

Grandma,

Oh my gosh! Yummy. Can we come over too? 😋
(0)

having a friend over and daughter, SIL and grand kids.
making...Chicken parm, angel hair pasta, sauce breaded artichoke hearts home made ice cream and home made biscotti.
I just may have a limoncello with dessert
(2)

Pam,

Sounds 😋 yummy. I have never heard of BBQ dressing but sounds interesting and delicious. Something different. I get stuck in a rut with eating. I love salads. I eat soup and salad all the time.

Hung up on sushi and sashimi too. I don’t eat very many large meals. I kind of graze.
(1)

Send Barbque chopped salad sounds yummy.. how do you make it? I eat a salad at a local restaurant chain that has a barbeque salad dressing and I love it!
(1)

cwille,

I love lentils. I make soup. How do you do sloppy joes? Sounds interesting.
(2)

I was lazy this evening. Just made turkey sandwiches.
(1)

Glad, Yummy!
(0)

Went to a chamber dinner with a magician as entertainment. It was fun. Lots of Italian food on the buffet, lasagna, fettuccini spaghetti, even mini calzones. With German chocolate cake for dessert. I won't need to eat now for a few days. And those pasta carbs making me sleepy. Night, all.
(3)

Lentil sloppy joes over a baked potato with a small wedge of cheese, I'm trying to drop 10 lbs (sigh).
(2)

Chopped 5-6 stalks of celery, then cooked them up in pan so they soften up a bit. I buttered a M/W safedish/with a lid.... Layered in some chopped pineapple, added about 1/3 cup of dried cranberries that I had allowed to soak in some hot water, but drained it. Then layered in 6 slices of chicken cut from to chicken breast pieces. I have 1 cup of rice steam cooking in 2 cups water, with some salt & butter. Gonna go see how it all turns out now. Smells great at the moment.
(1)

Lemon baked shrimp scampi served over egg noodles. Strawberry sundaes for desert.
(4)

BBQ Tri-Tip with mashed potatoes, cole slaw, BBQ chopped salad,
and garlic rolls.
Decadent chocolate cake for dessert.
(4)

Shrimp creole and salad.
(0)

BBQ ribs, baked potatoes and asparagus grilled with garlic and onion.
(1)

Grilled shrimp, salad and veggies.
(1)

TN,

You and I get that food is very much part of the culture of a vicinity. People who eat in fast food chains obviously don’t get that. So glad you were able to experience eating at many different places.
(0)

One of the things I loved most about my traveling job was the opportunity to "taste" all the different regions and ethnic foods on someone else's dime. I cannot imagine traveling and only eating the same chain food stuff I could get anytime at home. Although I will admit to having repeat visits when I find a restaurant I like to sample the different offerings. Some of the best meals I have ever eaten came from small local and often inexpensive restaurants. #1 experience was visiting a Jewish deli in Connecticut with a co-worker - the real food was very good but pastries and deserts were absolutely out of this world. Although I have visited delis in Knoxville and Nashville, they were not nearly as good (not sure if that's more because they are not around or I just don't have a local friend to point me in the right direction).
(1)

cwille,

I had to look up peameal bacon. That is very different from our bacon. It looks good though. I love trying regional foods when visiting somewhere.

Years ago, my husband and I went on a trip with friends. Oh my gosh, we both said that we would never travel with them again. The only place they wanted to eat was McDonalds! My husband refused so we ate separately the whole trip!

Why would anyone do that? They were extremely frugal! Downright cheap! Why go to other places without trying their local dishes? That’s part of the fun!
(3)

Cwille,

Sounds yummy! Hubby cooked for us. 😊. Grilled pork, baked potato and salad.
(1)

Thick cut peameal bacon and a turkey sausage with a side of pancakes, of course. Smothered in strawberries and whipped cream.
(3)

Tntechie-
You have called to mind for me fond memories of snow cream.
We use to do that too.
(2)

French toast casserole sounds a lot like our New Orleans bread pudding.
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter