Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Parchment paper is my new best friend. I layer things inside, season, make pouches (Tasty on YouTube shows how easy it is), and bake on a sheet pan usually at 400F for 25-35 minutes depending on how thick what's inside is.

Last night I made chicken breasts (seasoned with paprika, mustard, cumin, lots of basil, salt and pepper, and drizzled with olive oil) atop potato slices (seasoned with salt and pepper and drizzled with oil). So easy and it works for e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g (so far). The juices from the chicken permeated the potatoes that got a little crispy on the bottom and edges. Yum!

Cleanup - what cleanup? Just toss the parchment in the garbage and wipe the sheet pan.
(1)

Let's not forget the boys
Wolfgang puck, and jimmy dean
(2)

Mama Mia!
(2)

Ha! I love it, FF!
(2)

cwillie, I have an array of wonderful women who cook for me... Marie Callender.... Mrs. Paul's... Sara Lee... Mrs. Butterworth's... Mrs. Field's... Mrs. Smith.... Swiss Miss.
(5)

I'm not sure where it used to be, I can usually find it if I need to by searching my Following list.
So FF, what are you cooking tonight?
(Yes, I remember you hate to cook LOL)
(1)

Wasn't this forum under the "Questions" at one time?   So if you are looking for "Whats for dinner" here it is, under Discussions :)
(2)

I made a 15 bean soup for dinner Sunday with bacon instead of ham. Grocery store has a kit with the dried beans, soaked overnight and then cooked in crock pot with lid ajar to save the steam vent. With fresh french bread, the beans have now gone 3 days worth of lunch and dinner and musical accompaniment...
(6)

I *love* egg drop soup and have a really good recipe to make my own, but there's a restaurant about 15 miles away that makes an excellent version that has little cubes of tofu and carrots/peas added in. It's awesome stuff.
(2)

"Someday," I'm going to learn to make my own hot n sour soup. It's my favorite soup when I'm not feeling well, or even if I am, but there's so much sodium in the soups I get around here from the various "mom n pop" Asian food places that sell it. I'll have some of the hot n sour soup, then need to drink several glasses of water. Something seems off about that. But it's delicious!
(0)

I wish all the pandas still carried hot n sour soup - most discontinued when egg prices shot up a couple of years ago - fortunately the original location still has it on the menu

I also miss their potstickers
(2)

Good suggestion Cwillie. Shrimp, steak, vegetable, veggie egg rolls at the panda, hubs off work.
(2)

Love food from panda express-they are closed when hubs leaves work after 10 p.m.
He would like vegan chili though. Our kitchen is closed until further notice.
(2)

Burgers are great, but you need to try a new restaurant. Chinese?
(2)

Need to shop before dinner? Put your computer asleep, or as I am always begging my husband....please move away from the computer!

Out of everything.....in n out was great last night! Again.
(2)

Just no words to say what was for dinner. Anyway, the cat has got my tongue.

Cwillie, think I was either on the night shift that night, or up early, wanting to see if Santa came by.
(1)

I dropped a full bottle of fish sauce on the floor - such aroma!!!!!!! Supper was roasted turkey breast, nuked frozen broccoli, a cup of decaf and 2 squares of sugarless 70% dark chocolate.

Vegan chili sounds good.

Earlier I made some crack slaw using broccoli slaw for the veg and a ground beef and pork meat mixture and had some for lunch Sesame oil is the best!!!
(2)

I just discovered this is the most popular question, so I guess I should make a response to keep it on top!
Today I made vegan chili in an attempt to use up some vegan "ground beef" I found in the freezer and to eat a little healthier. Not bad, mom didn't complain.
(2)

Turns out I had a fine day with my Mom. Our background is Jewish but we also used to celebrate Christmas with my favorite Catholic Uncle, who was like Santa Claus in spirit. There are no children in our immediate family, nor grandchildren and my mother's family who has them never visit us, even though they are a few hours away. My brother and wife were with their friends, as they do with every holiday, my sister is far away in Fl, Dad's in assisted living in another state (who I went to see yesterday), so it was just Mom and I. No presents exchanged and no spiritual practice, and not much enthusiasm on her part, which also dampened mine, and gave me the challenge to make this day special. So I drove to her place, brought her to mine and started cooking: made mushrooms in Sherry sauce, Latkes made with cauliflower, sweet potato, eggs, and a little coconut flour, fried to perfection! Served my Latkes with homemade apple-cranberry sauce, goat yogurt, fresh salad greens as a garnish, and other appetizers. Easy one: cream cheese in celery logs but mixed in a tad of pumpkin butter into the cream cheese which made it just a bit sweet and spicy. After our coffee (organic of courses!) we went for a short walk right outside the door skirting woods and taking in the cold winter sunshine. She was very happy and told me how much I meant to her. I felt like she was her authentic self today, the usual fakey and nervous one took a break and I was so glad about that! So it was a nice day.

Oh and I wanted to have something to decorate my small apt. Someone gave her a gift: a decorative basket with some christmasy greens and carnations it it.
She gave that to me and it was perfect because I just bought about a foot of cheap white Christmas lights. I wrapped it around the basket and we enjoyed it as our cheerful decoration. The card I gave her said, Merry Chrunnikah! Today she appreciated everything I did, (albeit with her strange comments and habits that I ignored). I was determined to have a nice day and I did!

Peace and joy to all of you! It's how we handle our challenges that make us who we are and determine how we evolve spiritually. I made a New Year's resolution to remember this every day in 2017. With a better attitude and less self pity I think I can have more days like today!
(3)

I bet it would be even better if you used a box of vegetable or chicken broth FF!
(2)

Since it was just sig other and myself this holiday season, I made bean soup.... it is one of the things that I can cook which has more than 3 ingredients and it doesn't fall into the science experiment category. My late parents use to love it.

Just open up 2 cans of Goya red kidney beans, a large can of diced tomato, a can of corn, half a package of frozen green & red pepper strips [gives it a Christmas look], some water to make it look like soup, cook the ground turkey and add to the mix. Onions are good to add,. Simmer for 30 minutes.
(3)

I'm not sure what time dinner will be today but I'm all ready to go when the spirit moves me. Mother and I will share my childhood christmas meal: turkey (one drumstick), a simple bread dressing, rutabaga (but we've always called it a turnip), mashed potatoes, 24 hour fruit salad. And of course gravy and cranberry sauce.
(3)

Send, if you were up eating dinner after midnight shouldn't you still be in bed now? Yawn.
(1)

Dinner was just after midnight at a denny's restaurant, still open. Steak, and vegetable platter, hot, hot, iron skillet still cooking at the table.
(1)

Pam,
That was funny, so funny. On so many levels.
Do you think Walmart is still open, maybe I can find a politically correct pig that has not yet gone over a cliff due to demons entering .
Oh, what did I just say? scuse me...I am just hungry. Your joke was best.
(2)

We went without dinner. Yay!
(1)

ROFL
(1)

Well since this year Hanukkah and Christmas coincide, I wanted to be politically correct and get a Kosher ham. I looked all over, but nobody has one, not even Walmart.
(4)

Christmas Eve we will be going to church with friends at 3:30 and coming home for dinner. I am making homemade Chicken Potpie. For Christmas dinner we are having filet mignon wrapped in bacon, baked potatoes, asparagus and steamed green beans. We have chocolate pecan pie, Apple streusel pie, and chocolate cream pie. That should do it.
(5)

Christmas dinner this year will be homemade clam chowder- fancy & special enough but not over the top like last year. I'm just too worn out this year!
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter