Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
cwillie the garlic works for sure
as does the kiwi fruit haven't tried the eggs or potato yet
(0)

Got into a cooking mood today and decided to clean out the fridge and freezer (somewhat) and cook a few things ahead of time so I have meals at the ready for the next week or two, and some in the freezer for later.

Bean soup with leftover Christmas ham in the crock pot on "low and slow" for the day.

Batch of low-carb taco soup cooling so it can be put away.

2 Turkey breasts in the sink thawing for baking later. Going to use the cheesecloth trick I used at Thanksgiving - it works great.

Will cook up some bacon later to keep in the fridge for later in the week.
(1)

Have you tried it Jude? I've found that sometimes these helpful hints don't work as easily for me as they appear to for the author. Worth a try though.
(2)

I have found THE best site for how to peel boiled eggs, garlic kiwi fruit and potatoes with absolutely no effort - Just hope the moderators allow it through

facebook/beirutpress/videos/958065217609732/
(1)

Today was leftover pizza from last night. Tomorrow I think I am making potato corn chowder
(0)

Susan, thanks for the idea about dipping the turkey in mustard. Instead of a sandwich with unhealthy bread, I just ate the turkey with cranberry sauce, dipping it in mayonnaise. J u st as good!
Dh and I both had turkey soup, with a honey cough drop tea to get him well.
(1)

Yogagirl, Saw the movie 'Hitch'. Now that was a bad allergic reaction while on a date!
(2)

Well yesterday was a big ham with a big bone in it, so today was 15 bean soup with chunks of ham in it.
(2)

Book, sorry that happened to you. Isn't that just how the guilty cover their errors, they lecture you!!! Do we now have to report our medical histories to the restaurant wait-staff? Will we need to sign a HIPPA release?
I knew someone who just walked by a seafood kiosk inside Costco, had red welts, we were buying Benadryl right there at Costco.
Allergies do have a way of becoming worse with more exposure. Maybe no more shrimp at the table? Or, choose another restaurant, just to be safe.
Imop, I have also heard that several seafoods mixed together in a recipe can increase an allergic response. A doctor explained this, just passing it on.
(1)

bookluvr, I have a shellfish allergy, too! I've had it my whole life, dad and grandma also, so it must run in the family.
The only times I've had a bad reaction was at Chinese restaurants. I knew better both times, but I didn't want to be a spoil sport with my date. Sometimes they stir fry in a wok that had been previously used to cook shrimp and that oil got into my veggies. My eyes got really swollen and discolored for a week. If you go just to be on the safe side, ask them to steam your food with no oil and add a little sauce to taste at the table yourself.
(1)

Sis and I had lunch at a restaurant. Since I was craving meat and my headache was pounding, I told sis to No Japanese, Chinese or Oriental food which would have ajijimoto (MSG) in it. She ordered salt/pepper prawns. I ordered salt/pepper pork chop. I used to order salt/pepper shrimp all the time from this restaurant. Now that I'm allergic to shrimp, I've learned to acquire a taste for pork chops.

Our food was served and I was into my 3rd bite when I found some prawn shells in my meat. I stopped in shock and pulled it out, showed sis. Our waitress wasn't looking around, so sis got up and went to her. I told the waitress that I'm allergic to shrimp and found this in my food. Anyway, we ordered a new order for me - this time she told the cook to prepare my food with new oil. The head waitress lectured me several times that I need to tell the restaurant that I'm allergic to shrimp. But I wasn't ordering shrimp, I was ordering pork chops. I took the Benadryl pill just in case I reacted to it.

I didn't finish my lunch so I had it boxed and will be eating that for dinner. The original order was all boxed - and I gave that to oldest sis.
FYI, an hour after lunch, I kept coughing and my throat felt scratchy. That was a very close call!
(1)

Hi all! Happy Holidays! Just got email back after Windows 10 messed up computer . Managed to get windows 7 back and over 1000 emails waiting!
We had roast potatoes rocket and a wonderful french brie for dinner today - 25th! husband wanted beef but not hungry enough he said due to very poor appetite. Roast potatoes and french fries the most popular. Tried apple crisp last week and he loved it. Not a very balanced diet methinks.
(0)

We had our xmas meal for lunch. Nothing that would excite me enough to put some aside for dinner - esp. since it was left on the table for hours on our porch. I just got over a week of upset, sensitive stomach and didn't want to eat compromised food.

So I only put a plate size meal for my dinner consisting with rice, bacon (sis leftover breakfast), and pickled cuccumber with chopped red hot peppers. I took out 5pieces of cherry tomatoes. That was dinner. I haven't eaten bacon in a whi. It was very salty. Then I had a small piece of cheesecake pie which I couldn't finish because it was too sweet. Dad finished it off saying it wasn't that sweet at all. He loves pies and ice cream.
(0)

Susan, Merry Christmas!
Here is the ingredients for the whole purpose of cooking any turkey:
Unhealthy light white or wheat bread.
Mayonnaise
Turkey breast
Jellied cranberry sauce, thinly sliced
Slice cold turkey dressing, the mrscubbinsons cornbread stuffing
with celery and onions.
Lettuce, just a little.
Then repeat in an hour or so.

Make changes to suit yourself.

Enjoy!
(1)

Send, we had a 22-lb bird for Thanksgiving - made for a lot of leftovers! I love to just munch on the meat dipped in mustard or ranch for a quick snack.

Today's menu, for Mom's Christmas at home:
Ham
Mashed Potatoes
Green Bean Casserole
Dinner Rolls & Crescent Rolls
Pumpkin Pie (made from the last of my *real* pureed pumpkin that I processed a few months ago)

Finally got out of my grinchy mood and feeling a little more Christmasy. Mom is enjoying watching one of her favorite movies, The Quiet Man, and we've had a visit from one sibling already, waiting for the others. The kids have all called me, or I called them, daughter has kept a running commentary of photos and videos going via Facebook messages.
(3)

LOL
(1)

Turkey
Turkey.

Turkey.

Turkey.
(0)

Jesse, the bird was dead when I bought it, but I did have trouble walking it around the store and lifting it onto the butcher's counter!

At $1.99/lb., it's what's for dinner for a long long time.
(0)

22 lb! That turkey must have had trouble walking around. That is one big bird. :-O
(2)

After having the 22lb. Turkey splatchcocked (or butterfly), we had turkey soup tonight.
In pieces, will cook the rest later.
All I want for Christmas is some rest and peace for my caregiving friends.
And a New Year without any abuse from others, peace and understanding love and acknowlegement for what you try so hard to do for others.
Love, from Send.
(1)

Twopupsmom, that Rollup sounds yummy!
We had snow crab for dinner.
(0)

Wonderful steak & baked potatoe hubby ate every bit. It was to be our Christmas Eve dinner but I'll pick up fresh shrimp salad for that with good Italian wine. Made some wonderful organic roll ups to take to a party very Christmas looking green wraps filled with a mixture of cream cheese fetta cheese organic cranberries an chopped scallion spread roll refrigerate and slice, they wee great and a big hit.
(1)

We are have Digornos tonight!!!
(0)

Tuna and noodle casserole, French's dried onions on top, a bit of grated cheese.
Then, have it again, til gone.
(2)

I love Digorno pizza! I usually have two in the freezer so I have one when I need it.
I made beef stew instead of the soup the other day, so we have been having leftovers of chili or beef stew. For lunch we are having lots of chicken sandwiches from the leftover rotisserie chicken
(0)

Husband and I had Diginoro pizza.
(1)

Ok I have been out of touch again but a this week has been busy so little home cooking. One day I bought Butoni fresh cheese tortellini and prepared them with meat sauce mozzarella cheese and garlic bread. Yesterday I bought a rotisserie chicken and made rice, gravy and steamed green beans. Tonight was just homemade chili and biscuits. I think I am going to make potato corn chowder tomorrow. I can't remember the entire recipe but I will give it a shot
(1)

Really, Sharadale, I'm going to have everything you are cooking, like STEAK!
Please don't forget about us, keep posting and cooking! Miss your regular posts, Love from Send
(1)

Well steaks came out awesome and we had rice and broccoli. Tonight we just had Digorno's pizza.
(1)

haven't been around this thread in a few weeks. I have been busy doing so many things, but have been cooking up a storm until yesterday. One hint I made was a pork roast with carrots and potatoes. Mom and I really liked it but hubby would rather have chops. I won't make that mistake again. I bought ground beef to make meat sauce for tortellini a, but hubby informs me that he doesn't feel comfortable with red sauce and his stomach yet, so I am waiting on tortellini until I can get Alfredo sauce. I took the beef and made patty melts, one of his favorites. My allergies have been acting up and I am feeling really crappy. I am not sure if it is allergies ( they are cutting my roof open for the new room and all that crap is in the air) or a cold. If it is a cold, I don't want to share it with Mom so hubby made soup out of the can for everyone. I had chicken and rice, but they split a can of split pea, bacon and ham.today, I thought I would do something in the crockpot so ai took sirloin steaks and put that with onions, spices and beef broth and will see in a few hours. I will probably serve with baked potatoe and broccoli.
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter