Follow

This is why some members here feel the way they do about facilities.

I hate to say it but this woman, clearly fragile by looking at her, died of a bedsore, I believe one that went septic. Bedsores whether in nursing home or in hospital are often lethal and I say that all the time here. People when they hear bedsore think just a sore, but decubiti are flesh eating down to the bone and can get there in days. This was ruled a homicide and I cannot find out why just on internet search of the Oregon, Oh facility where this occurred, but bedsores are investigated and are one of the leading hargingers of loss of licensure. That and restraints of any sort.

To tell the truth, Cover, and I know your feelings, I have seen the WORST BEDSORES enter my hospital from in home care. They cannot turn patients adequately there being usually one person doing the care. They don't understand that this is not wound care needs but an entire would clinic. They are hideously difficult to heal, truly the flesh dies and it spreads quicker than a cat abscess.

There aren't any good 100% sure ways to give care to fragile elders. There's no way to make the end of life good, no clear and certain path, and for SURE it isn't attempting in home care when it can't be done.
(2)

This is why it is so very important to have a pit bull of an advocate.

Poor woman.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter