Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Sounds like an absolutely amazing place to live.

Maybe one day, if this crazy world ever returns to any sort of normal, I can dream of visiting.

My local coffee shop was renovating - I said we have to have a big party to re-open when they can. The owners gave me a sad look at first (most customers gone, casual staff laid off, business may be bust soon) but then started agreeing about a party.

I don't know if that's denial on my part or magical positive thinking... I just wanted something to look forward too.

I've seen New Orleans on the news & my heart breaks for the people there. Raised a glass of red in solidarity. Let's fight on (from the safety of our homes that is) 💜 and plan a huge party when it's gone #eff off Coronavirus party!

Stay safe ((hugs))
(2)

Thanks, Beatty

I truly appreciate it. It is sad thinking about our favorite coffee houses. restaurants and other businesses suffer through this crisis. I hope they can survive.

I like your positive attitude! We need to support each other and believe for the best outcome.

Take care, Beatty 🍷
(1)

I live in suburb of Atlanta. All bars and restaurants closed except for take out. Large gatherings banned. Governor stopped short of all out lockdown. People seem to be respectful though we have seen hoarding at grocery. Retail stores closed except for Joanne’s Fabrics letting 10 at a time in. I did go in to get my fix and buy fabric for pillowcases. I make seasonal ones for my mom to brighten her room at assisted living. And also for my granddaughters.
(2)

Twile,

I was thinking of dusting off my sewing machine. I used to sew for my girls, fun costumes for ‘dress up’ playtime, Halloween and Mardi Gras costumes, stuffed animals and different home decor projects, tote bags, etc.

Not sure what I would sew now. My girls are all grown up now! I was considering dog attire but I don’t have a dog anymore.

I guess I could give items away to my friend’s dogs and my daughter’s dog. I want to do the dog bandannas. They are so cute and would be a cinch to make.

Our shops are closed but I have fabric. Doesn’t everyone have a stash if they sewed? Hahaha, I do!

Your pillowcases sound adorable!
(0)

I haven’t been to Atlanta in years. What are most cities doing with mass transit? I remember taking your Marta transit while there.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter