Follow

I am the roommate of the patient. She had many medical issues including COPD. She recently passed away and I need to get rid of a hospital bed, a motorized wheelchair, and a manual wheelchair, as well as medications that were unopened. I am disabled as well and a senior. I have no transportation. The bed will need to be disassembled to be moved. I have no idea who to call. I now live alone so I don't want to advertise to private parties as I don't want strangers coming inside my home. Any suggestions? I am in the Las Vegas, NV area.

Find Care & Housing
I’m so sorry for your loss. Look up freecycle.org. People post all sorts of things on there.
(0)

I would encourage you to call Deseret Industries (DI) they will come remove the stuff for resale in their thrift stores.
(0)

Sorry to hear this.

Maybe a good first step would be checking online if your city or county has a a medical equipment loan program, as mine does. Ideally you could call and speak to someone, explaining your special situation and needs and they would send volunteers to pick up what they accept.

Good luck!
(2)

You will probably have success selling it on Nextdoor.com, FaceBook Marketplace or craigslist.org.

In the ad you say they need to disassemble and move it themselves. Make sure when a buyer comes that you have someone there with you, just as a safety measure.

If you don't want to go to this effort, you can call up local charities that collect furniture, or the Disabled Vets to come get it.
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter